Virgo's RP Paradise

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to relax and work on your RP skills via online forums.

Rules [Must be Followed!]

VirgoBushin (Admin)
    Admin

Rules [Must be Followed!] Empty Rules [Must be Followed!]

Post  VirgoBushin (Admin) Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 am

One of the most basic portions of any web site, regardless of what it is for. Annoying as they may seem at first, I am including these for several simple reasons. One, I worked hard to make this and don't overly feel like having this deleted due to people refusing to follow a couple simple requests. Two though, it's just a simple policy. I, myself, will not be immune to these despite being admin of this site. With that in mind, here they are.

1. NO Godmodding!
    I cannot even begin to stress this one enough. No matter what setting, genre, etc. you're using, no auto-hits, dodges, etc. No one is immune to damage, pain, etc. This applies even in some of the best books, animes/mangas even. I'll use one of my favorite characters as a perfect example.

Hidan [From "Naruto"] might have been immune to death. However, it was shown he was not immune to bleeding and defeat.

If even he wasn't excluded from these rules, no one anyone makes should be as well.

2. Keep it PG-17!
    Even if a user isn't quite 17 in age, the concept of PG-17 is easy enough to understand for even a 13 year old. To be more accurate on what's fine, however, I'll give a slight list:
    -Flirting
    -Kissing
    -Holding hands [Though do note if you're doing a more modern version, you may have huge issues with the society of your setting]
    -French Kissing [Same warning applies from the Modern version though]
    -Innuendo, verbal and non [Though verbal is much easier to get away with]

Basically anything else beyond that ... take to PMs or some other offline source. Or, better yet, time skip if you really want to stay on the forums. Also, while cursing is allowed, do not make it every other word! None of us here are sailors ... or even if we were .... just follow this rule, please? Thanks.

3. I am very anti-discrimination!
    This especially goes for sexual orientations. If I see anyone giving another trouble for doing an RP due to race, religion, orientation(s), or any other thing that I deem necessary enough to be considered discrimination, you will be banned. No questions asked. There is no reason to chastise people's choices here. Enough of that goes on in real life. This is not what this forum is for. It's to roleplay while simultaneously work on improving your skills. If you truly have issues I've mentioned above, best to not even register here at all.

4. Know the difference between IC and OOC Knowledge!
    This can easily be another form of godmodding. An annoying one at that matter. It means that even if you know all the secrets, weaknesses, etc. of another person's character it does not mean your own immediately knows everything. They must learn it on their own ... no matter what that means. It can be as simple as trial and error or complicated as finding and stealing a file with their information. Regardless, do not assume you immediately know everything about your partner unless you can give a good reason as to how you might. For example, if you've lived with them through the years before the RP began, then yes you may have more knowledge than others. But even then, that doesn't guarantee you'll know everything.

5. Make sure your partner also wants a pairing/relationship!
    Silly as this one may sound, I have seen it before; where one person tries to initiate a relationship but another doesn't want it. That being said, don't force someone into something they don't want. The reasons can vary, from not wanting the orientation type to just not being in the mood. Preferences are not discrimination as even I have some. Please respect this.

6. I can (and will if need be) add more Rules here!
    That being said, check back here every now and again to see what more may or may not be included.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:04 pm